Boveda Humidity Control Starter Kit Small Violin-Viola Humidifier
Boveda Humidity Control Starter Kit Small
Wood is especially porous, which creates a volatile atmosphere inside your case. For best results, season your wooden case with Boveda Case Seasoning before you use your starter kit to stabilize the atmosphere to help Boveda work more efficiently.
Buy Boveda (formerly Humidipak) 49% relative humidity starter kit for guitars for worry-free wooden instrument storage. Improper storage is the greatest constant danger to the condition of a wooden instrument. Until Boveda, humidified storage meant refilling awkward and unreliable sponges, snakes or discs. Those products only work 1-way, they add humidity whether it’s needed or not, while Boveda is the world’s first 2-way humidity control.
If not properly stored in a stable environment, your instrument will lose the specific geometry built into it while it was being crafted at the climate-controlled factory. This can cause warping or shrinking, which will change the tune at the least and cause damage at the most. In fact, most repair problems with wooden instruments can be avoided with properly humidified storage from Boveda.
Each Boveda consists of a specially prepared saturated solution of pure water and natural salts. This saturated solution is contained within a water-vapor permeable “reverse osmosis” membrane. Boveda humidity control provides the cleanest and most purified humidity of all other products available on the market today.
Boveda Humidity Control Starter Kit Small Features
- Starter Kit includes 2 large 70 gram Boveda packs and 2 leak-resistant fabric holders.
- Boveda technology is unlike all other 1-way humidifiers, it’s the only true 2-way humidity control that will add or remove moisture as needed to maintain between 45-55% relative humidity in your guitar case.
- Protects your wooden instrument against warping, cracks and other damage caused by lack of humidification or too much humidification.
- Typically lasts between 2-5 months in a seasoned case. Longevity depends on time of year, case quality and ambient RH levels.
- Boveda pack dimensions: 5.25″ x 3.5″. 2+ year shelf life before opening. Bigger instruments in bigger cases require more Boveda. If you have a L or XL instrument case, you’ll need to order 2 Starter Kits
Made In the USA
You may also like…
Bam Violin Case 5003 SNAdd to cart
Hill Violin Polish-For Violin, Viola, Cello, BassAdd to cart
Orchestra Expressions Viola Book 1$8.99 Add to cart
Melos Violin Light RosinAdd to cart
Coda Bow GX Violin$845.00 Add to cart
Melos Viola Dark RosinAdd to cart
Viola String Explorer Book 1$7.99 Add to cart