IF LESSEE DESIRES TO PURCHASE THE INSTRUMENT
Rental credit- Accumulated During the time you rent an instrument from us, you are building up rental equity with each payment. You can accumulate up to $1,000 of rental equity, which can be applied towards 30% of the purchase price of any instrument. The amount that you accumulate is good for as long as you rent an instrument, regardless of size switches. Rental M&R fee and late fee payments do not apply to purchase. Certain limitations apply, please call for more details. Lessee has 60 days to use all credits from the date of return or credits are null and void.
Hoffmann Strings Ltd. reserves the right to render this contract null and void if a record of previous collection problems with Hoffmann Strings Ltd. or instrument abuse on prior rentals with our company exists. We reserve the right to increase the rental fee if a history of collection problems and/or instrument abuse existed.
An additional service fee of $25.00 will be charged if you do not call Hoffmann Strings Ltd. to request instrument pickup. There will be no refund of any type if not notifying us by phone. It is the lessees responsibility to call 847.478.1163 for instrument pickup, NOT YOUR SCHOOL.
A $75.00 Returned check fee and/or any additional fees will be charged for the process of the bounced check and paperwork administration fee. You have agreed to the terms
1. Lessee have leased from Hoffmann Strings Ltd. the instrument listed on the front of this Rental Contract in accordance with the terms and conditions stated herein. Hoffmann Strings Ltd. reserves the right, upon receiving this contract, to cancel the agreement if your charge or check is delinquent. It’s lessees responsibility to have sufficient funds. No refunds are issued when returning the instrument.
2. Lessee agrees to return the instrument in good condition, together with case, parts and accessories at the expiration of the Lease without further obligation, provided the account is current. Failure to return the instrument at the expiration of the base period or any extension shall constitute an automatic extension of the Lease for one full period, except that Hoffmann Strings Ltd. may at its election terminate the Lease and demand immediate return of the instrument, case, parts and all accessories . The lessee understands that, if lessee is delinquent in payments, the above does not qualify lessee for a payment choice.
3. If this lease is terminated for non-payment of rental (a) Lessee forfeits right to apply rental to the purchase of the instrument. (b) If Hoffmann Strings Ltd. files suit for the return of the instrument, case, parts and all accessories or for unpaid rental, or for damages to the instrument , case, parts and all accessories (or any combination of the above) and is found to be entitled to relief, lessee agrees to pay interest on the amount due at the highest rate permitted by law plus reasonable attorney ‘s fees and cost of the suit. (c) If lessee is current in payments, string breakage is covered by Hoffmann Strings, Ltd.
Failure to update credit card within 30 days will incur a $15.00 late fee each month. No exceptions.
DELINQUENCY of payments in excess of THIRTY (30) DAYS will incur a late charge of 15 DOLLARS on all rental instruments.
If lessee bill is delinquent , lessor will charge $15.00 late fee for every 30 days until bill is paid in full.
An administrative processing fee of $25.00 for delinquencies will be applied for certified letters and extra statements and or any detailed information needed for law, court, or attorneys.
DELINQUENCY of payments in excess of THIRTY (30) DAYS VOIDS ALL option to purchase and maintenance agreement.
Act or Acts of God do not terminate this contract until this instrument is returned to the property of Hoffmann Strings. If this was in a flood, tornado, hurricane, fire proof will need to be provided. Viruses, Health issues, closure of schools, academy’s, private lessons will not terminate this contract until returned to the property of Hoffmann Strings.
Phone Calls and or emails do not automatically stop or cancel this rental contract until this instrument is returned to the property of Hoffmann Strings. If the above happens Hoffmann Strings will provide special hours to serve you as best as they can by law and or Government.
4. There are no oral agreements or warranties in this transaction. To have a valid contract lessee must fill in every space provided. No P.O. boxes will be accepted.
5. Lessee acknowledge receipt of a fully executed copy of this Rental Contract, executed by both parties.
6. Lessee authorizes Hoffmann Strings Ltd. to charge my credit card for rental and late fees incurred after 30 days past due. Lessee needs to update any credit card on file to avoid late charges .
7. Lessee also agrees that should the account become more than (80) days past due. Lessor charge bill the Lessee’s credit card for the full market purchase price of the instrument, case, parts and all accessories .
8. If the account goes to a collection agency, Lessee is responsible for all fees charged by the collection agency. Any late fees, certified letter fees, or open invoice amounts as charged by Hoffmann Strings Ltd. are also the lessee’s responsibility. All fees collected by the collection agency, including late fees, attorney fees, and court costs that may apply will also be charged to the lessee.
If lessee returns instrument within a 5 day period of the start date of the rental quarter, Hoffmann Strings Ltd. will refund lessee. If returned after the 5 day period, Hoffmann Strings Ltd. will not refund any amount of money. This contract is quarterly.
This contract is fully satisfied when the instrument is terminated and returned and outstanding bills are paid in full.
Rental customers must provide a valid credit card and valid state driver ‘s license issued through the United States of America .
If lessee destroys the instrument from abuse and or neglect, lessee will be charged the full amount of the instrument value a minimum charge of $500.00 will be charged to you.
If lessee’s bill is paid in full, lessee has maintenance coverage against string breakage and insurance for, theft, and fire with police or fire report provided in such event that there proper papers are filed with authorities. No instrument will be reissued without proper documentation with authorities.
Failure to up date credit card within 30 days will incur a $15.00 late fee each month. No exceptions.
Are there any other fees?
Lessees returning instruments with missing items that that are considered a permanent part of the outfit will incur the following charges:
Missing Blanket $20.00
Missing Strap (each) $10.00
Missing Violin Bow $85.00
Missing Viola Bow $95.00
Missing Cello Bow $105.00
Missing Bass Bow $125.00
Wolf Eliminator $15.00
Removal of stickers on case $25.00
(Please discourage your child from putting stickers on the instrument or on the case.)